- New York City, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for partnering with Product mangers to own data for the entire product. You will be developing ongoing analyses and reports to support our expanding Merchant(Seller) product suite. You will analyze integration, retention, adoption, product funnel plus other pertinent aspects of product launch/operation/GTM etc.
You will also analyze business performance, deliver data driven business insights for decision making, and provide insights on product features, services (as for both new concepts and existing products), design A/ B testing and communicate findings.
- Work closely with the leadership team, Product and Engineering & other stakeholders to understand their data science needs
- Develop a formalized process to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders
- Design and conduct analyses, build datamarts, ship dashboards to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies
- Assist Product & other stakeholders teams in developing methodologies/framework to accurately assess and measure impact of our business strategy
- Support targeted business activities, including opportunities for product and process improvement with a focus on driving significant business growth
- Design and execute A/B and multivariate tests
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analyses and reports produced
- Monitor and analyze data reports/dashboards/pipelines and do RCA & troubleshooting of issues that arise
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Are self motivated and curious
- Technical initiative and leadership on previous projects
- An ability to uphold a high technical bar while making pragmatic tradeoffs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline
Technologies we use:
- SQL, Python
- Amplitude, Sumo Logic (optional)
- Looker, Tableau, Git
- Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Databricks
- Snowflake (not a must-haves but past exposure can be an asset!)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.