Senior Technical Program Manager, Machine Learning
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
The Machine Learning Engineering organization at Cash App is responsible for the production implementation of machine learning use cases throughout Cash App, as well as data and ML infrastructure to accelerate the work of our modelers and data scientists. Our team has grown rapidly, and we’re looking for our first Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help build bridges, create durable project structures, and align responsibilities and priorities between the MLE teams and their product and infrastructure team counterparts. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to many cutting-edge domains of ML and understand how machine learning is applied in a diverse set of financial contexts to redefine the world’s relationship with money.
Cash App has fully embraced remote work, and you’re free to work in-office, hybrid, or fully remote for this role - you choose whatever works best for you. This position reports to our Head of Applied Machine Learning.
- Work closely with MLE and infrastructure teams to facilitate collaborations, assemble and align stakeholders on each team, and resolve cross-functional dependencies
- Help shape the prioritization and technical roadmap of our common ML infrastructure
- Advise senior leadership on product direction as well as available technologies and resources
- Be an ambassador for Machine Learning around the company, spreading knowledge of the possibilities of ML and our team’s capabilities to a wide audience
- A degree or related experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another technical or scientific field. A graduate degree or hands-on ML experience is a plus
- Experience managing industry-scale cross-functional technical projects, including at least one project involving machine learning, artificial intelligence, data engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with large scale software architecture is a strong plus
- Fun generating a presence for ML around the organization and in the industry
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.