Senior UX Researcher, Commerce platform
- Atlanta, GA, us
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
User Research advocates for the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to help us make better decisions.
In your role as Senior UX Researcher you will work with our teams building the platform that powers all of Squares experiences. As a part of the User Research team within Commerce platform, you'll partner with product managers, designers, and other partners to provide insights that guide remarkable omnichannel solutions to support our sellers. You will be a compass, pointing our teams toward the most impactful solutions. You'll spend your time listening to and understanding the needs and goals of both our customers and company. Report, personas, workflow diagrams, and user stories are just a few of your outputs to fully arm our product teams.
- Determine project scope and apply appropriate methodologies to manage a research "portfolio" of foundational and evaluative insights, with guidance from senior researchers.
- Work as part of an existing research team both on Commerce Platform and within the Square ecosystem.
- Be the dedicated researcher for multiple squads and build relationships with partners, such as product managers, designers, marketers, analysts and engineers.
- Oversee the entire research process from brainstorming to insights.
- Provide high-quality research outcomes.
- Connect insights and approaches across multiple squads and data sources to encourage a holistic view that is biased towards action.
- Shape User Research capabilities and processes, playing an important role in scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value.
- 7+ years' experience conducting UX research.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviews, moderated and unmoderated tests, heuristic evaluations, benchmark studies, contextual inquiries and surveys.
- Your day-today consists of leading multiple mixed-methods research projects simultaneously end to end: gather requirements, develop guides/screeners/surveys, recruit, moderate, analyze and communicate insights.
- Excellent project management skills
- A passion to build user-focused products that solve essential problems.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.