- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
The Corporate Accounting team is a critical part of the company’s month-end close process. Block is hiring an Accountant who will be an integral part of our growing team. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Perform actual vs actual account analyses and present findings to the CAO and other senior leadership
- Collaborate with various departments on accruals and other monthly close areas
- Continuously improve business processes, systems, and documentation as part of SOX readiness and testing
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by external auditors
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of Public Accounting or Industry experience
- Previous role(s) should include audit or corporate accounting
- Passion for Square. Strong interest in technology / knowledge of the industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with BlackLine a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud or other ERP systems a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.