Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst, Finance Transformation
- Miami, FL, us
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Finance & Strategy improves strategic, financial and operational decisions across the company. Our team's core value is trust – we build it by making what is complex simple, and with analysis that is accurate and easy-to-understand. Business partners appreciate our insight and trust us to help them solve difficult problems across the company. At Block we believe that good ideas can come from anywhere, and we'll trust you to work with others, form intelligent opinions, and present your thoughts to decision-makers and the executive team.
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Senior Analyst to be an important member of the Corporate F&S team supporting finance transformation programs. You will work on essential transformation programs to empower the Finance & Strategy function to use excellent tools and analytics and unlock process efficiencies to provide our partners with valuable insights. You have experience working on diverse transformation projects within an FP&A organization including:
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting ERP implementations
- Business process management
- Cost allocations and profitability measurement
- Management Reporting
- Operational improvements
- Project and change management
You will work with important finance operations teams (BizTech, Accounting, Internal Audit) to build our transformation road map and providing guidance on best practices and promoting user adoption of tools across the organization.
You have an understanding of financial planning and reporting processes, best practices and the latest applications of related tools. You are highly collaborative with cross functional partners, with the expectation that you will be an essential partner at the intersection of finance and technology.
This position can sit in any US Block office or be full-time remote from any US state.
- Build important relationships across F&S and other functional organizations across Block
- Drive F&S transformation programs including P&L reporting, management analytics and dashboards, ERP / system implementations and process improvement
- Lead the standardization of processes including identification of critical pain points and blockers
- Promote the deployment and adoption of new tools and capabilities within F&S
- Give status updates of ongoing Finance Transformation initiatives, including new developments and potential risks, in a timely manner to stakeholders and leadership
- Deliver communications on company-wide best practices that will create efficiencies for both finance team members and business partners
- Prepare analysis to facilitate dialogue with executive staff and board members
- Build trust through analysis
- A Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 4+ years of relevant Finance/FP&A in industry or prior management consulting experience
- Experience working on versatile finance transformation projects implementing finance / accounting, planning / forecasting, or reporting solutions
- Experience with analytics tools (Hyperion/Oracle/SAP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience with the payments industry and a commitment to Block's mission
- Experience with Hyperion, SmartView, Oracle PCBS
- Experience with BI tools including Tableau and Looker
- Experience with SQL
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.