Designer - Internal Brand & Culture
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Los Angeles, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As a Designer on our creative design team supporting our Internal/Corporate brand, you will be at the heart of distilling corporate messaging and employee communications into creative visual solutions. You’ll be asked to connect dots, organize thoughts and translate project strategy into great design experiences for employees. You will collaborate with teams across both Cash App Design and People organizations to launch creative experiences that guide our mission, operating principles, and internal brand forward.
We focus on creating a brand that is built upon creativity and art, and we strive to look at internal/corporate brand through a non-traditional lens. Work in this realm supports but is not limited to executive storytelling, diversity & inclusion, talent brand, and employee experience. We work across the latest platforms, covering web and mobile experiences, visual design, experiential installations, photography, video, and animation.
Our team is made up of accomplished designers, illustrators, art directors, animators, and copywriters. This role reports to our Creative Director of Internal/Corporate Brand.
In this role, you will:
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects to create presentation decks, experiences, graphic concepts, assets, and visual treatments
- Work directly with the internal communications team to support consistent design deliverables including presentations, editorial design assets, including illustration
- Translate internal brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts for various channels
- Produce internal brand and campaign standards, templates, and style guides
- Elevate internal brand aesthetics while supporting overall brand direction
- Work with partners across Cash App to guarantee an integrated brand experience
- 5+ years of relevant design experience or freelance work
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates an ability to execute multiple styles of design and illustration
- A background working specifically with internal communications and supporting presentation decks
- Understanding of typography, grid systems and color theory
- A point of view on brand identity systems
- Experience pushing a brand forward with fresh, inventive ideas
- Experience working cross-functionally to launch creative deliverables
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.