- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Solutions Engineering team serves as a trusted engineering resource to Square's largest sellers and partners, helping them architect and develop applications and integrations that ensure seamless omnichannel commerce experiences for end-users. Solutions Engineers also play an important role in developing Square's product strategy, providing valuable market feedback that informs prioritization and product design.
We're looking for full-stack software engineers with excellent product sense and an entrepreneurial spirit. You are energized by solving challenging technology problems and excel in client-facing environments. Solutions Engineering is a growing team, and the Square Developer Platform is evolving quickly. You'll report to the Head of Solutions Engineering, and have opportunities to work with partners spanning industries and geographies.
- Be an engineering consultant for Square's largest sellers' and partners' technical teams, acting as a dedicated subject-matter expert as they integrate with Square's Developer Platform
- Collaborate with developer and first-party product teams to share product feedback, approve PRDs and engineering design proposals, and help bring new products and APIs to market through alpha and beta programs
- Participate in an on-call engineering rotation to support a suite of mission-critical managed integration services built for Square's highest value sellers
- Be a project lead overseeing external engineering teams developing Square-owned platform integrations
- Partner with Square's Developers Experience team to improve API documentation and tooling for external developers
- Train non-technical partners (Sales, Account Management, and Partnerships) to qualify and support strategic opportunities and relationships that leverage Square's Developer Platform
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience, building and deploying full-stack applications in production environments, including web applications, and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals.
- Experience building and working with RESTful APIs
- Acumen and experience working with senior stakeholders
- A passion for learning and an instinct to ask questions
- Willingness to travel for onsite client meetings (10% or less)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.