Engineering Manager - Person To Person (P2P) Payments
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As an Engineering Manager, you will build products and services that serve the core Cash product experience: Peer to Peer payments. You will be responsible for growing and leading a strong technical team, developing new product experiences, and ensuring collaboration across a multitude of disciplines, as well as providing support to individuals through your mentorship and leadership skills. Additionally you will collaborate closely with product and design.
- Scope, build, and scale mission-critical products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers and their access to financial tools
- Build a world-class team by hiring exceptional talent, coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and using your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs in collaboration with product management, design, data science, and adjacent engineering teams
- Collaborate with leaders across product management, design, data science, and adjacent engineering teams to shape strategy across the organization and company
- 8+ years working on complex systems and delivering quality software
- 2+ years experience directly managing engineers (including providing mentorship, feedback, and investing in the career growth of your team members)
- Boundless curiosity, persistence and a desire to get things done
- A track record of healthy collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other engineering managers on developing roadmaps and executing against them
- Experience with Kotlin
- Shipping products to global markets
Technologies we use and teach:
- Java, Kotlin
- HTTP, JSON, gRPC, Protocol Buffers
- Kafka and event-driven architecture
- DataDog, Prometheus
- AWS, Kubernetes
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.