Senior Product Designer, Customer Engagement
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Block builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Block started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Block made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Block has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Block.
As a Senior Product Designer at Square, you will help sellers manage and grow their customer relationships, make smarter decisions with their customer data, and save time and money with best in class designs. This role is unique since you will not only be supporting sellers, but you will also directly champion the needs of their customers. Customers have come to expect convenience, choice, and control; you will help design personalized and seamless customer experiences across all channels and surfaces (online, in-store, social media, etc.) while also helping customers retain ownership of their data and privacy preferences. You will work across product teams (like Marketing, Loyalty, and Gift Cards, to name a few) and with your cross-functional partners to drive the vision and execution of work.
This is a remote position.
- Drive large-scale efforts and vision work with your cross-functional partners that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- Propose and participate in usability research and interviews
- Advocate for both the seller and customer experiences
- Communicate your ideas/work to your direct team and more broadly across Square
- Seek opportunities to improve your processes and skills as well as share those learnings with your immediate team and partners
- Influence design practices and team rituals within a fully remote team
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Experience effectively collaborating and maintaining relationships with a range of partners
- The ability to articulate high-level team goals and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback to improve their work
- You can use your years of experience and domain expertise to quickly move projects forward, establishing principles and conducting research
- You can promote the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You can use existing design systems and standards and work to improve/adapt them for your team’s needs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.