Product Manager, Marketing Technology
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Automation organization enables and measures the unified customer journey, intelligently empowering customers through Square's ecosystem of products. Marketing Technology (MarTech) is an essential team within the Automation organization and is focused on making growth and analytics more effective and efficient. MarTech binds the tools, technology, data, and individual team initiatives across Square to advance growth of the entire ecosystem.
As a Product Manager for MarTech, you will be a key member of the Growth Product team responsible for developing and shipping solutions that power Square's growth at scale. You will help set the vision for a holistic marketing technology stack that spans web, analytics, advertising, and personalization solutions. You will define the strategy for realizing this vision and drive alignment with stakeholders and leadership, owning the end-to-end product lifecycle from opportunity and solution validation to development and go-to-market. You will work alongside partners in global marketing, engineering, and data science to choose, implement, and build the right tech stack to optimize millions of customer touch points across paid and organic channels. You will develop a deep understanding of our partners' struggles and the rapidly changing MarTech industry to inform the investments and priorities that make up your product roadmap.You will:
- Be the subject matter expert in Square's website, marketing data, and the tools we use; understand our existing platforms and how to optimize them
- Guide long-term thinking and innovation in an ambiguous and rapidly-changing space
- Collaborate with marketing, senior leadership, and your peers, to develop the strategy for the future of marketing attribution, optimization, and identity resolution at Square
- Partner with marketing and product teams to define requirements for key measurement and marketing automation solutions
- Develop product strategies and break them down into scoped roadmaps and requirements.
- Lead the end-to-end product lifecycle for AdTech and marketing automation solutions
- Champion the importance of data quality, visibility, and availability across the team
- 5+ years of product management experience with a focus on MarTech, AdTech, and growth space
- Experience with marketing automation, attribution, analytics, experimentation, and personalization tools (including: Google Marketing Platform, Tag Manager, GA360 and GA4, Amplitude, Segment / mParticle)
- Experience testing and launching products at scale with a high bar for experimentation
- Experience applying data to guide personalized experiences at scale
- Technical skills — can navigate APIs, databases, and system architecture
- Hands-on technical experience implementing marketing technologies a bonus
- Familiarity with data regulations (eg. GDPR, CCPA) and consent management tools (eg. OneTrust) a bonus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.