- Barcelona, B, Spain
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the UK & EU) has millions of active customers and is offered by the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
Afterpay has recently been acquired by Block Inc. Block is made up of Square, Afterpay, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD. One company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment.
As Clearpay's Sales & Marketing Data Scientist, you'll work with our Sales and Marketing teams to drive optimal decision making and support our growth through in-depth quantitative analyses.
You are just as comfortable diving deep into data sets to deliver detailed and well-structured models and analyses as you are turning around scrappy but well thought out insights to support a fast-moving business. You will succeed by combining analytical insight, technical proficiency, business acumen, and the ability to collaborate and influence your key partners and cross-functional teams.
- Deliver strategic insights to the EU Sales & Client Success teams to drive optimal decision making and support our growth
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs relative to both insights and self-service capabilities. Proactively propose, develop and deploy scalable solutions
- Assist the Sales team in developing methodologies and frameworks to accurately assess and measure the projected and realized business impact of various operational strategies
- Partner with our Marketing team to help them understand the performance of their campaigns and deepen their knowledge of our consumer franchise
- Deliver the analyses & meaningful insights to understand regional marketing efficiency/ROI and to help improve marketing effectiveness.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and analysts globally to formulate innovative solutions for advanced features and models
- Lead and support various ad hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor's/ Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Solid grounding in SQL and preferably another language (Python/R)
- Work experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI.
- Good communication and organization skills, with the ability to take complex, fuzzy problems and boil them down into concise and actionable insights.
- Work experience in payments or e-commerce is an advantage but not essential.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.