Head of Credit Policy, Square Financial Services
- San Francisco, CA, United States
The Head of Credit Policy role is a senior position reporting to the Chief Credit Officer (“CCrO”) and will be the person primarily responsible for the oversight and execution of the Bank’s credit program and related priorities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Working with the Board and Credit Risk Committee to set overall direction, risk appetite, quality, soundness, and profitability of the Bank’s credit portfolio
- Enhancing the Credit Policy and program and establish a framework to ensure lending activities are in compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements
- Partnering with the Bank’s Data Science team and providing data analysis to facilitate Bank management’s ability to monitor performance and for use in decision-making, as well as for supporting investor due diligence
- Preparing monthly and quarterly lending activity and portfolio health reports along with relevant metrics such as Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Bank’s senior management, internal management committees, Board of Directors, internal and external auditors as well as regulators
- Implement training programs on credit underwriting, administration and the approval process
- Managing internal and external relationships, including internal and external audit, external credit agencies, regulators to ensure accurate and timely information.
- Leading the credit related remediation efforts from internal and external audits.
- Day to day monitoring against policy may include monitoring delinquencies, loan performing, heuristics and underwriting guidelines, any deficiencies related to underwriting and working with engineering, data science, accounting and internal audit on impact analysis and remediation.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business related fields such as Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Finance, Operations Research, Business Administration etc. at minimum (graduate degree preferred)
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible credit risk related experience within financial institutions or as a Regulatory examiner.
- Experience with quantitative / statistical analysis, advanced machine learning modeling methodologies as well as various analytical and reporting tools such as SQL, Excel, Python etc.
- Prior senior management / executive experience including experience presenting to Board of Directors as well as external regulators is a plus
- The versatility and willingness to work in a fast paced environment as well as learn new tools and technologies on the job
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.