Marketing Analyst, SEO
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: Atlanta, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Marketing Analytics team at Square is responsible for marketing technology and data infrastructure, making recommendations to drive revenue growth and optimize spend, and measuring the impact of marketing campaigns. As a SEO Analyst, you will analyze marketing performance results, develop and socialize learnings and recommendations, and drive experimentation to identify growth opportunities. You will be the liaison between the channel teams and the analytics team to ensure we have proper measurement in place for all marketing programs. You will work closely with numerous stakeholder teams, including Marketing, Data Engineering, and Product Marketing. You will report to the Marketing Analytics Lead.
- Be the expert on SEO data and define and promote best practices through experimentation and rigorous measurement
- Work with the SEO team to define objectives and develop cross-channel measurement plans and KPIs to ensure results are measurable and actionable
- Break down nuanced, complex data for stakeholders, while keeping customer and business context in mind
- Develop insights to evaluate marketing effectiveness and inform optimization and future go-to-market strategies and decisions
- Drive planning processes and keep a pulse on the latest measurement methodologies to measure efficacy and effectiveness of programs
- Work with our analytics, ad operations, and data engineering teams to ensure measurement capabilities are in place
- Deliver regular business critical reports on marketing performance, ensuring consistency, accuracy and with actionable insights on learnings
- 3+ years of experience in an analytics role, preferably experience evaluating marketing campaign effectiveness and performance analytics
- Familiarity with SEO analytics
- Experience working with marketing measurement tools, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, and hypothesis testing
- Proficiency with excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), SQL and data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous problems and experimenting with different approaches
- Demonstrate ability to influence decision makers and work with cross-functional partners
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.