Product Designer, eCommerce - Site Design
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a Product Designer on the eCommerce team, you will guide design execution for Square's online shopping and ordering experiences. We are looking for craft in both UX and visual design. You will help build the customization tools and systems that help sellers to represent their brand online (website styling, layouts, documentation), while working within and evolving our Editor experience and functionality. You will contribute to our buyer-facing design system—a system of advanced design customization options for sellers. You will enhance the quality of how sellers build branded websites, and deliver seamless buyer experiences for their customers.
The eCommerce team offers a unique challenge that requires designers to solve for many products and platforms. Our online products are an important part of Square's ecosystem—in this role, you will contribute to Square Online product's design and approach on features that empower businesses and the people behind them.
- You care about your craft, and strive to improve quality of designs at scale
- You have a technical understanding of how to design across various breakpoints, devices, and locales, and can bridge the gap between design and code
- You can quickly iterate across various levels of fidelity, and approach projects with a growth mindset
- You are passionate about creating inclusive, accessible products
- You have experience creating systems, including layouts, typography, color, imagery, icons, and animations that bridge the brand identity, user experience, and business needs
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio and any relevant passwords
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with 2+ years working with website creation tools or builders
- Experience as a contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Excellent visual, communication, and documentation skills
- Fluency in responsive design web standards
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.