Product Designer, Prices and Taxes
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Prices team helps give sellers the confidence to grow their business by providing them with accurate and comprehensive pricing tools. This includes features that help simplify tax compliance; increase sales with discounts; collect service charges; and the configuration and automation infrastructure for those features.As a user-centered product designer, you will work on the end-to-end product design and work on features that empower small and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them. In this cross-functional role, you will work with engineers, product managers, UX Researchers, and other partners across Square on core features and experimental projects. You will report to a Design Director and work with a team of three other Product Designers.
- Create end-to-end product design approaches on features that empower small- and medium-sized businesses and the people behind them.
- Guide design execution, improve the seller experience, and work with team members (think product managers and engineers) to launch features.
- Think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand goals to create compelling user experiences
- Around 5 years of professional design experience
- A portfolio of work that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills on which you were the primary designer, with moderate guidance from design leadership
- Experience connecting your design work with product, team, and our goals
- You can articulate and connect your work to larger team or company initiatives.
- You plan, scope, and create work that contributes to a larger, long-term plan
- You think holistically about complex systems, empathize with users, and understand goals to create compelling user experiences.
- You propose and participate in usability and field research
- You work on challenging, wide-reaching projects for your team
- You communicate your ideas and work to your direct team and other teams
- You know when to compromise without sacrificing user experience or design principles
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.