- Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Block is looking for an administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to two executives, the GM of Cash App and Afterpay's global Strategy org and the Head of Enterprise Account Management for Afterpay & Cash App. These dynamic Square executives lead growing, complex teams on both the product and platform. As their Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and success of these Square executives and their teams, which comprise an essential part of Block's organization.
Block's Executive Assistants are trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, promote collaboration, and help execute our strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable. As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Block Executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide shared administrative and strategic support to Square executives within Block, maintaining complex, dynamic calendars requiring thoughtful collaboration with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs.
- Be a trusted partner and advisor to executives, attend important meetings, manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to execution.
- Project-manage multiple initiatives, driving clear and cohesive communications across the executive's distributed team in a remote environment.
- Foster team collaboration, communication, and shared learning, and identify opportunities for operational improvement across the organization.
- Develop processes that allow teams to move faster and creatively use resources.
- Build relationships across your executive's teams and our centralized EO team.
- Plan large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites.
- Use data and insights to improve your executive client's operations and stay ahead of deliverables.
- Be a sounding board and trusted partner to your executive client by building trust.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role.
- 2+ years experience working with small or large technology companies, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often applying and interpreting data to make decisions.
- The ability to work with many personalities; you are clear, concise, and kind in every interaction.
- Full proficiency with Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.