Director of Compliance
- Holladay, UT, United States
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Square Financial Services, Inc. (the "Bank" or "SFS") was approved for an industrial bank charter by the Utah Department of Financial Services ("UDFI") and deposit insurance from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation ("FDIC") in March 2020. The Bank opened in March 2021 as a Utah corporation and has since been delivering on Block's mission of economic empowerment by helping small business owners and underserved communities across the United States.
The Square Financial Services (the “Bank”) Compliance Team manages the Bank’s compliance management system (“CMS”) for all applicable consumer protection laws and regulatory requirements (e.g., ECOA, UDAAP, GLBA, compliance monitoring, complaint handling, training). The Compliance Team is looking for a Director of Compliance to join their team. In this role you will report to the Bank's Chief Compliance Officer. You will focus on leading the CMS sub-team's compliance management responsibilities through development of Compliance policies, risk assessments, audits and exam management, training, complaint program oversight, compliance issue management, monitoring and testing, and Board and management reporting.
Square Financial Services is chartered in the state of Utah but this position can sit in any of Block's US offices or be full-time remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Support and direct the Bank's CMS using appropriate risk-focused strategies
- Manage the CMS Team responsible for the Bank's Compliance Policies, Training Program, Complaints oversight, and CMS projects while developing team members towards continued growth and success
- Provide insights to senior management on the health of the Compliance program, tracking essential risk indicators and employing quantitative risk management methods to make decisions and identify opportunities for principled risk-taking that propels growth safely and scalably
- Work with the Chief Compliance Officer and other Compliance leads to drive consistent and effective implementation of the CMS
- Work cross-functionally with Internal Audit, Counsel, and other Bank and affiliate teams to assess and enhance the Bank's regulatory change management framework in support of CMS Program initiatives and processes
- Ensure the CMS Team continuously improves its standards and deliverables through an holistic management program
- Design and execute a CMS risk assessment using a qualitative and dynamic approach
- Direct the CMS Team's responsibilities in regulatory examinations, audits, and independent assessments through management of the engagement, tracking and reporting on gaps and remediations
- Assist in the creation of CMS materials distributed to the Bank's staff, management, and Board of Directors
- Perform additional duties as assigned or requested
- 8+ years of compliance experience in banking and financial services management, with a preference toward some Fintech experience
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Clear business writing and presentation skills
- Experience setting goals for a team and working on long-term vision
- Experience with compliance in commercial and consumer deposit and lending products
- Experience in compliance program management in a multi-level corporate structure
- Experience partner management, negotiating, and influencing outcomes with experience achieving successful engagement from all partners
- Experience handling regulatory examinations and complex banking regulatory matters
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.