Finance Manager, ANZ
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team! In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager and be responsible for managing the Afterpay ANZ accounting team (a team of 5). Alongside process to ensure accuracy of the monthly ANZ results, as well as the quarterly and full year end close processes.
This is junior Finance Manager role and ideal for someone with 1-2 years experience managing a team, looking for their next challenge! The role will ideally be based in Melbourne where our team is located. Here at Block we have a hybrid approach to work between the office and WFH, with true flexibility.
- Manage and lead the ANZ month end, quarter end and year end close process for both under US GAAP and IFRS
- Support the Afterpay & Block group team for the quarterly review, full financial year end and SOX audit processes
- Support and review the ANZ statutory accounts under IFRS and review the monthly and quarterly APRA reporting
- Support the tax team for monthly BAS returns and review ANZ balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide guidance to the ANZ financial accounting teams around month end journals and financial operations
- Work closely with the product team on new initiatives to ensure appropriate finance operation, compliance and accounting consideration
- Work with the APT group accounting teams, Products, Technology etc to identify and drive process improvement opportunities to create operational efficiencies
- Adopt and lead consistent group processes, policies and procedure improvements that support the ANZ business growth
- Ensure that key policies are followed and compliance across ANZ finance operations
- Build trusted relationships with key ANZ internal stakeholders
- You are CA or CPA qualified; with 10+ years relevant experience in a multinational with SOX reporting
- You have strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- You have leadership experience, you can drive results in a positive and inspiring way and coach team members
- You thrive on building strong relationships, and are able to do so across all levels of the business, both remotely and internationally.
- You are solutions focused! You can show us how you have made process improvements, including making changes to internal accounting processes and controls.
- Comfortable managing conflicting priorities in an agile, fast paced environment
- Focus on exceptional customer service ensuring all stakeholder needs are exceeded
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.