- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are looking for a PCB Layout Engineer to help deliver the next generation of Hardware products. From the Square Card Reader for NFC and chip cards, Square Stand, Square Terminal and Register, our family of devices is growing - and this is only the beginning. As we introduce more and more of our products to the world, our hardware footprint continues to expand.
- Generate and release rigid and flexible printed circuit designs for a variety of payment and high-security system designs
- Work with electrical, mechanical, and factory testing engineers to design hardware for payments and development
- Create schematic symbols and footprint libraries
- Help maintain component libraries
- Ensure all parts conform to IPC, manufacturer and company standards
- Work with our internal ASIC design team to influence chip and chip packaging design to better meet the needs of PCB layout
- 5+ years PCB design experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Altium CAD system, library management and design release process for high-volume product manufacturing
- Experience with RF and high-speed PCB design for portable and embedded systems
- Experience with part specification and mechanical drawings
- Experience with database management
- Experience with IPC guidelines, PCB and FPC technologies
- Experience reading schematics and have a working knowledge of electronics principles and basic circuit operation
- Experience with PLM (product lifecycle management) practices and PLM tools such as Agile or Arena
- Experience with Altium Concord in addition to Altium CAD system
- Hands-on Electrical Engineering experience
- Background in mechanical assembly/fabrication
- Experience with PCB DFM for high volume consumer products
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.