iOS Developer Experience - Testing
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Mobile Test Engineering team develops frameworks, infrastructure, and tooling to ensure that mobile tests are fast, reliable, and easy to create. We strive to automate testing as much as possible so that the need for manual QA testing is minimal and ensure that the quality of existing tests are higher.
We're looking for folks who are excited to solve problems and find solutions that empower hundreds of mobile developers to ship high-quality code faster. You will be part of a team who partners closely with other mobile platform teams to support the entire mobile development lifecycle as well as all the mobile product engineering teams. This is a high force multiplier, cross-functional team aiming to enhance the development experience for all mobile developers within Square.
- Develop and maintain frameworks for high level testing capabilities.
- Develop tooling and metrics to understand what is being tested and how it is tested.
- Maintain and optimize the infrastructure to run tests both locally and on CI.
- Create and evangelize processes to help enforce test quality.
- Own the success of your team's projects, and deliver quantifiable results.
- Work with world-class, experienced, and dedicated engineers.
- Have at least 3+ years of experience working in the iOS ecosystem.
- Be proficient in Objective-C or Swift for development (we use both).
- Enjoy working on mobile apps at all levels – from networking up to user interfaces and whatever's in between.
- Respond to customer feedback to improve our frameworks and tools.
- Have an eagerness to share your ideas, and openness to those of others.
- Quickly and easily articulate issues and what needs to be done to resolve them
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.