Conversion Rate Optimization Lead (CRO Lead)
- Atlanta, GA, us
- Employees can work remotely
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for an extraordinary Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Lead to help drive new user growth through our paid performance and lead generation efforts. The CRO team was newly formed in March of this year within Demand Generation's Creative Strategy team at Square. You'll oversee the development of this discipline and managing a team of two.
The Demand Gen team manages campaigns for all of Square's hardware and SaaS products. We oversee US campaign landing pages, but can influence test plans across several marketing and product teams globally by arming our partners with our insights.
Beyond having the analytical rigor and marketing instincts needed to build our CRO discipline, you are curious and excited by the idea of building something from the ground up. You are used to working in an environment where cross functional collaboration is vital. The problems you need to solve might not be immediately clear; you will have to identify the right partners that your team needs to work with to troubleshoot and implement solutions. You strive for progress over perfection and you are comfortable learning as you go without an established playbook. You will drive performance wins and that will require an ability to identify when to prioritize low-hanging fruit over resource and time consuming solutions and vice versa.
You will have experience landing page testing, cross functional collaboration, and team management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an iterative paid landing page test strategy to drive CVR improvements
- Build and maintain productive relationships with cross functional partners and your direct reports
- Identify opportunity areas within our CRO efforts
- Partner with teams outside of marketing to connect dots across related projects; identify areas collaboration opportunities
- Identify ways to champion and share the work of the CRO team
- Identify roadblocks and work with your lead and cross functional partners to help rectify them
- Execute on large-scale, cross functional, foundational work streams that are necessary for the program to thrive day-to-day, such as:
- Building net new reporting capabilities
- Implementing processes between teams that are optimized for speed and efficiency
- 8+ years of CRO experience or a combined 8+ years of performance marketing and CRO experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong analytical ability and experience designing and launching A/B tests that produce statistically significant results
- Ability to influence across cross-functional stakeholder teams to align priorities and metrics-based goals
- Experience working in a fast paced environment to build strategies and identify opportunities that meet/exceed KPI targets
- You have experience creating dashboards using analytics tools like Amplitude and Adobe Analytics
- Experience with Looker
- Experience using Optimizely
- Experience working with relational databases
- You have experience working in a Content Management System (CMS)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.