Conversion Rate Optimization Lead
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for an extraordinary Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) Lead to help drive new user growth through our paid performance and lead generation efforts. The CRO team was newly formed in March of this year within Demand Generation's Creative Strategy team at Square. You'll oversee the development of this discipline and managing a team of two.
The Demand Gen team manages campaigns for all of Square's hardware and SaaS products. We oversee US campaign landing pages, but can influence test plans across several marketing and product teams globally by arming our partners with our insights.
Beyond having the analytical rigor and marketing instincts needed to build our CRO discipline, you are curious and excited by the idea of building something from the ground up. You are used to working in an environment where cross functional collaboration is vital. The problems you need to solve might not be immediately clear; you will have to identify the right partners that your team needs to work with to troubleshoot and implement solutions. You strive for progress over perfection and you are comfortable learning as you go without an established playbook. You will drive performance wins and that will require an ability to identify when to prioritize low-hanging fruit over resource and time consuming solutions and vice versa.
You will have experience landing page testing, cross functional collaboration, and team management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an iterative paid landing page test strategy to drive CVR improvements
- Build and maintain productive relationships with cross functional partners and your direct reports
- Identify opportunity areas within our CRO efforts
- Partner with teams outside of marketing to connect dots across related projects; identify areas collaboration opportunities
- Identify ways to champion and share the work of the CRO team
- Identify roadblocks and work with your lead and cross functional partners to help rectify them
- Execute on large-scale, cross functional, foundational work streams that are necessary for the program to thrive day-to-day, such as:
- Building net new reporting capabilities
- Implementing processes between teams that are optimized for speed and efficiency
- 8+ years of CRO experience or a combined 8+ years of performance marketing and CRO experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong analytical ability and experience designing and launching A/B tests that produce statistically significant results
- Ability to influence across cross-functional stakeholder teams to align priorities and metrics-based goals
- Experience working in a fast paced environment to build strategies and identify opportunities that meet/exceed KPI targets
- You have experience creating dashboards using analytics tools like Amplitude and Adobe Analytics
- Experience with Looker
- Experience using Optimizely
- Experience working with relational databases
- You have experience working in a Content Management System (CMS)
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources