Production Designer, Seller Creative
- New York, NY, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a Production Designer, you apply your creativity, your eye, and your technical skills to the challenge of implementing design across a variety of Square's digital marketing channels to support the creative team. Production work includes building digital assets, imaging and slicing images and localize assets and webpages for global markets. You have technical skills related to producing a broad range of design deliverables.
You'll collaborate across diverse teams to clarify requirements, goals, and timelines. You'll design new work within Square's visual language.
- Prepare and provide image assets for web, email, paid marketing, blog, social, and other digital communication channels in both static and motion
- Adapt imagery and localize assets for international markets
- Learn and enforce brand guidelines
- Build pages and enter content within a website content management system (Contentful)
- Occasionally create new imagery and assets, within Square's existing design language.
- Work within and advocate for the production constraints of each channel. Identify new constraints we hadn't understood before.
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Build and maintain working files inside a collaborative file structure.
- Adopt new tools and practices as the work evolves.
- Share (and document) your knowledge and perspective with your peers.
- Manage work tasks using Asana, Slack, Google Docs.
- Ship quickly. Find new efficiencies. Keep an eye on the small stuff. Make it work.
- Experience building, editing and optimizing pixel and vector graphics (Photoshop, Figma, Illustrator).
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects or Lottie
- 3+ years work experience in a creative role/environment.
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods.
- Experience building assets for multiple languages/locales.
- Animation experience (JSON,Adobe Animate, Flash).
- Print production experience (e.g. InDesign).
- Design skills and experience.
- Experience working with a CMS, Markdown, HTML, CSS.
- Experience in project management, traffic, or asset management.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.