Hardware Product Manager
- San Francisco, CA, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a Hardware Product Manager at Square, you are responsible for managing the life of our in-field Terminal and Register products. You are the voice of our sellers, proactively identifying opportunities to improve, translating those opportunities into product requirements, and working with a best-in-class design, engineering, and manufacturing team to turn those ideas into products and new features. You will be responsible for continuously identifying and executing on ways to improve your product through a deep understanding of our customers, competitors, and the changing landscape we operate in. Finally, you will partner with product marketing to help ensure your product is getting to the right customers.
- Develop a clear understanding and be able to articulate who is deciding to use your product, why they selected it, what gaps it has and what aspects are most important to your users through regular conversations with our sellers.
- Understand the impact of your product on the main customer segments and the business impact of your product to Square
- Investigate in-field issues to provide the relevant technical teams with a place to start and a sense of importance / urgency.
- Use data-driven decision making to prioritize what we are solving for our customers
- Be the cross-functional aggregator / decision driver when a cross-functional decision’s primary impact is to the business performance or customer experience of a product.
- 5+ years of product management experience or equivalent product strategy and customer insights experience.
- Experience as a Hardware Product Manager with exposure to Software.
- Experience leading the delivery of products / features / projects which have a high degree of cross-functional complexity and integration.
- A track record of shipping and iterating on successful consumer or small business products.
- Great interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical skills. A proven ability to influence.
- A passion for Square’s mission of economic empowerment and well designed hardware products.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.