Global Immigration Partner
- Sydney NSW, Australia
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
As the Block Global Immigration Partner you will be the central contact assigned across our up and coming teams in the APAC region, and other locations. You will provide client-focused immigration support, overseeing the immigration life cycle. This is inclusive of administrative tasks required for compliance. You will liaison and build relationships with new hires, current employee transfers, recruiters, hiring managers, HRBP, Block's designated immigration counsel, mobility, and our internal employment law team. You will report to the people team within Block. Enjoy a great opportunity to grow professionally as we build this department at Block.
- Manage immigration cases for new hires and current employees across multiple teams globally
- Manage the assessment process as the contact for recruiters/HRBPs as they explore the viability of sponsorship for potential candidates. consult with HRBP, recruiter, manager, and employee in partnership with Block's designated immigration counsel and communicate processes and timelines to all important partners
- Escalate immigration issues to Immigration Lead and provide suggestions when the process takes an unexpected turn.
- Coordinate mandatory recruitment efforts through government recruitment systems including authorization and account set-up with company directors
- Oversee internal processes for permanent residency requirements including recruiting management, applicant communications, and application preparation review, with emphasis on Australia
- Assist Immigration Lead with the following: managing Block's designated immigration counsel, maintenance of internal Wiki, maintenance of process workﬂows, compiling program metrics, and business travel support
- Review invoices with our legal operations team for immigration-related services
- Ensure immigration data is maintained and that our immigration compliance records have an appropriate level of data security
- Partner with mobility on relocation and tax matters including domestic and international assignments, and permanent move transfers
- Provide immigration integration and ongoing support on an ad hoc basis for new matters as a result of mergers and acquisitions
- Provide administrative and compliance support for global expansion programs, and other projects as assigned
- 4+ years working with a corporate immigration program required
- Familiarity with Global Immigration (non-US speciﬁc)
- Experience with research, assessing, and determine their impact to the business
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.