UX Research Lead
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
At Cash App, UX Researchers work closely with cross-functional partners to build world-class, end-to-end features that solve many of the world’s most important and interesting financial problems for millions of customers. We employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. The UX Research team is at the frontier of shaping new and innovative solutions across categories like personal finance, commerce, crypto, community and culture.
Cash App’s Operating System team is building the foundation for Cash to become an infinitely scalable super app and grow to serve 1B customers worldwide. This year we will build out the shared core frameworks, applications and systems that will allow us to scale to new services, trigger broader engagement across our offering and drive brand cohesion across our product experience.
- Lead and execute mixed methods research to optimize discovery and navigation across the app
- Build, cultivate, manage, and coach a team of UX researchers with varied experience, skillsets and specialties
- Develop foundational understanding of user behavior across the app to support frameworks that will help direct users effectively across the app
- Develop deep insights supporting successful onboarding and reduction of churn
- Effectively communicate research insights and findings to internal teams, leading with data-driven analysis and business relevant synthesis, via research reports and presentations
- Advocate customer needs through storytelling, including writing, visual, and verbal communication that helps other teams build empathy for our customers
- Collaborate with teammates in Design, Product Management, Data Science, Customer Operations, Voice-of-the-Customer, Marketing, and Engineering to build in research at appropriate times to inform the product design cycle
- 12+ years industry experience. This might include design research, UX research, market research, and others
- Expertise related to research design and applied statistics including sampling approaches, experiments, causal or predictive modeling, and data mining
- Knowledge and applied experience with designing analytical models, machine learning solutions and mining large datasets
- Familiar with a wide range of qualitative research methodologies such as one-on-one interviews, ethnographic field research, usability testing (lab and remote), heuristic evaluations, card sorting.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing UX research studies independently
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and agencies for recruiting, moderation, or end to end research support, when required
- Experience in managing complex stakeholders and driving work to completion
- Ability to travel on a semi-regular basis to garner facetime with a distributed team
- Previous experience working on projects that build trust with customers or tackle sensitive subject matter
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.