Quantitative Finance Director- Finance & Strategy
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a Quantitative Finance Director- Finance & Strategy to join Block and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. We are reinventing the way people think about banking and financial services through our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Boost, BTC, and stock investing products. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day.
As a director working on the Cash App Finance & Strategy team you will:
- Partner directly with a Cash App and Block senior management to provide actionable insights on Cash App's performance and the underlying trends through the lens of the Inflows Framework
- A summary of the Inflows Framework and how we use it to assess performance can be found in Cash App's Investor Day presentation (https://youtu.be/MOzbShUy1j0?t=996)
- Analyze large datasets using SQL and scripting languages to surface meaningful/actionable insights and opportunities to the product team and other key stakeholders
- Develop time series and cohort-driven forecasts using a combination of interior data and external economic signals to provide management with perspectives on new performance trends
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
- Write code to effectively process, cleanse, and combine data sources in unique and useful ways, often resulting in curated ETL datasets that are easily used by the broader team
- Report to the head of Finance & Strategy for Cash App
- 8+ years of experience in Private Equity or Investment Banking
- 2+ years of data science and analytics experience in industry
- Advanced proficiency with Python, SQL, and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with cohort and time series analyses, an understanding of statistical concepts such as selection bias, probability distributions, and conditional probabilities
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for what Cash App is building
Nice to have:
BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics.
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Tableau, Airflow, Looker
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.