Head of Advertising Strategy & Partnerships
- Los Angeles, CA, United States
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded seven years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including Anthropologie, Revolve, DSW, GOAT, Finish Line, Levi’s, Mac Cosmetics, Ray-Ban and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
Block is looking for a Global Head of Advertising Strategy & Partnerships to help us build our advertising platform across Afterpay, Cash App and Square. You will develop processes, tools, systems and metrics to grow the team and your leadership will directly increase revenue against our annual sales quotas. You will report directly to our Head of Advertising. This is a senior role requiring a strong background in sales management and operations. You have experience both building and leading sales and operational teams, setting clear strategies to create and grow new businesses, and have experience working in cross-functional organizations. You will feel comfortable working with senior management and external partners, and will excel in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Serve as a key partner to the Head of Advertising, Head of Commerce, and the GM of Merchant Enterprise to build a transformative advertising business across Block, participating in the development and implementation of initiatives to evolve the organization’s revenue streams and operational processes
- Set the strategy to scale the global advertising business across Cash App, Afterpay and Square utilizing powerful ad tech and channel partners
- Drive direct revenue growth from advertising partnerships with various advertising networks, data partners and distribution channels
- Participate in product roadmap discussions based on market needs with senior leadership across sales, product, & engineering
- Build predictable and repeatable sales partnerships processes and best practices
- Analyze performance to identify biggest opportunities for improvement and drive execution leading to results
- Build and manage a highly successful, highly motivated team
- Directly influence business operations to maximize revenue potential and advertising excellence
- Coach and motivate your team to hit their goals (financial, customer satisfaction, operational)
- Partner with cross-functional teams across Sales Ops, Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal, and Risk to remove obstacles and scale new revenue streams
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Make a positive contribution to Block’s company culture and future success
- 10+ years of experience in ad tech, revenue partnerships, ad operation and managing scaled teams, with a special knack for developing great talent
- Experience scaling a revenue driving teams across the globe
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and ever-changing dynamic environment
- Critical thinking and strong decision-making and negotiation abilities
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to manage commercial negotiations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles preferred
- Strong people management and leadership experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.