Customer Payments Officer
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as a Customer Payments officer and be the key point of contact within our Global Customer Service team for all escalated payment queries.
Our team gets to work on handling and resolving customer payment disputes in a fair, transparent and timely manner.
- Become an SME/process expert particularly around money movements of different integration types, acquirers, systems, etc.
- Update Account information with accuracy and speed
- Ensure consistency and superior levels of customer service by following standard operating procedures
- Handle a high volume of digital queries
- Investigate, manage, and resolve escalated and complex customer payments queries in line with processes.
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve.
- Ability to think outside the box to propose a solution to support our customers/Merchants whilst keeping within our BNPL Code of Conduct
- Manage multiple payment cases simultaneously and in an efficient manner
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved in line with the BNPL Code of Conduct
- Strong customer service experience and preferably experience in Financial / Payments industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A customer-focused approach with a passion for effortless customer experience.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and strong problem-solving abilities, including communication and management of complaint cases
- Strong verbal & written communication skills - ability to draft detailed, logical and comprehensive findings to internal leadership team
- Self- driven team player, and a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to seek a solution to a problem
- Excellent interpersonal skills with people at all levels, internally and externally with proven ability to influence senior leaders' strategic thinking in line with organisation priorities.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.