Complaints & Escalations Agent
- Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Afterpay is transforming the way we pay by allowing customers to buy products immediately and pay for their purchases over four installments. The service is completely free⁵ for customers who pay on time - helping people spend responsibly. As of December 31, 2021, Afterpay is offered by more than 122,000 of the world’s favorite retailers and more than 19 million active customers have adopted the service.
Afterpay is currently available in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, where it is known as Clearpay. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins. Afterpay is a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ).
We are seeking a results focussed individual with a naturally positive mindset, who has a strong background in customer service delivery responsibilities in resolving customer service complaints/ dispute resolution.
As an Escalations Team Member of our Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process you will help solve our customer's most complex issues. We strive to solve their issues and allow them to get back to their day with ease. This role requires us to do that at all times working within the guardrails of our Afterpay Complaints Management framework. You will join a team of passionate Afterpay Advocates who love solving customer problems in a fast paced environment.
- Provide support to the Customer Service team for escalated complaints, where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve.
- Investigate, manage, and resolve escalated customer complaints where first level resolution team members have not been able to resolve in accordance with Afterpay / Clearpay complaint management policy frameworks, including our obligations to regulatory frameworks
- Manage multiple dispute cases simultaneously in a efficient and effective manner in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Focus on providing a supportive customer experience and ensuring timely and fair outcomes are achieved in line with internal and regulatory requirements. Be willing to support prioritisation of our most pressing issues and find a solution with stakeholders
- You will build expertise in our products, technology and procedures to deliver the best possible support to our team members and customers
- Provide support to our frontline team members to help improve first point resolution (and reduce Escalations if possible)
- Stay alert to trends in complaints, customer and frontline team feedback in daily routine; alert Leaders and make recommendations to improve processes as required
- Develop productive working relationships with a range of stakeholders across the Operations team (and often with Product or Technology stakeholders) to support the resolution of customer complaints
- Balance quality, productivity and service standards in your day to ensure KPIs are delivered
- Other tasks and ad hoc projects within the scope of the role may be required from time to time, including supporting the launch of new products or licensed servicing requirements.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Customer Service delivery roles with specific Escalations / Complaints experience
- A passion for customer experience and can quickly form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence with our customers
- Experience in service delivery in an Omnichannel environment and strong digital experience (Email, messaging and social media channels)
- A self- driven mindset but also a team player, you are a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced, challenging and change driven environment
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to seek a solution to a problem
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.