Software Engineer, big data engineer
- Shanghai, 31, China
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
Afterpay has unique opportunities for Big Data Engineers to join our Risk & Data Engineering Team. Our Risk & Data Engineering Team is responsible for the data governance and data warehouse management of Afterpay's decision-making intelligence, enabling the commercialization of risk control technology, enhancing product value, and ensuring data quality and stability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Big Data Engineer to join a dynamic team and to drive forward our initiative of architecting a data processing platform.
- Design and build self-serving data platform to handle new products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of users and their transactions
- Develop, integrate and optimize end to end data pipeline
- Have a strong good understanding of data structures, design patterns and algorithms, and experience in applying them to design pragmatic solutions
- Partner with data scientists, data analysts and domain engineering teams to identify and execute on new opportunities
- BA/MS/PhD in computer science or a related field
- Experienced in building and maintaining applications that utilize modern programming languages such as Java and Python
- Familiar with technologies such as Flink, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra; Experience with AWS like S3, EMR, Redshift
- Experience with big data cross platform compatible file formats like Apache Avro & Apache Parquet
- Experience with architecturing large scale distributed system and automated testing frameworks
- A firm understanding of microservices architecture
- Possess an execution mindset and the ability to deliver with cross-functional teams that are globally distributed
- The ability to clearly communicate problems and solutions effectively with both business and technical stakeholders
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.