Content Designer, Marketing Web
- Remote, CA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is looking for a Content Designer to join a fast-shipping, fast-learning, and global-minded web team within Global Marketing.
As a Content Designer, you’ll create meaningful and engaging marketing experiences for squareup.com, that guide site visitors toward action across our global web presence. You’ll help future and existing sellers find what they're looking for amidst a complex and ever-evolving product ecosystem of software, hardware, and financial services built to help their business grow. You'll write in Square’s brand voice.
You'll collaborate daily with designers, front-end engineers, production designers, strategy and analytics partners, international marketing partners, SEO, copy editing, and Globalization. You'll partner with art directors, designers, motion artists, and copywriters beyond your immediate team. You'll communicate with teams responsible for other pages and experiences we direct traffic to, including our home pages, product pages, and onboarding.
**Please include a link to your portfolio or work samples along with any necessary passwords**
- Translate marketing strategies into meaningful web experiences using Square's brand voice and tone. You'll use existing site components where possible, and partner with designers and front-end engineers when a custom approach is appropriate.
- Support ongoing experimentation, optimization, and localization of existing web experiences.
- Communicate ideas and iterate quickly across various levels of fidelity, to a wide range of audiences amidst many divergent perspectives.
- Build mastery of our existing content model and components.
- Build and edit pages directly in our Content Management System.
- Build and maintain copy doc templates based on existing CMS components, for use by yourself and writers across the organization.
- Partner with design, production design, and engineering to develop new site components, built to scale and adapt across screen sizes, devices, and languages.
- Juggle a mix of large and small projects, often with overlapping priority and urgency.
- Ship quickly. Find new efficiencies. Keep an eye on the small stuff. Write it down for next time. Make it work.
- 5+ years of industry experience writing and designing content experiences for web
- An ability to create an engaging content journey using existing components and content models
- Familiarity with responsive and mobile-first design/writing practices
- A willingness to advocate for best practices for web content, usability, and testing
- A readiness to learn through iteration, experimentation, testing, and collaboration
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.