Interactive Designer, Square Staff
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
For consideration, please submit a link to your portfolio
We are looking for an Interactive Designer to join our Square Staff team. Square Staff is a workforce management suite including Shifts, Payroll and Team Communications. Our team's mission is to tell the best possible stories of our products and ecosystem so that our sellers and their employees can thrive.
You will work on projects involving web pages, email campaigns, growth marketing banners, and all aspects of go-to-market campaigns. You will be an important contributor to the full-service Square Staff creative team, working with a range of disciplines including copy, design technology, art direction, and more.
You are determined and solutions-driven, able to take design and feedback direction, and turn it into design iterations. You'll be asked on occasion to do production design on email templates, localization and versioning out of web assets.You will report to the Design Lead.You Will:
- Design a range of digital experiences including responsive web pages, email campaigns, growth marketing banners, and aspects of go-to-market campaigns
- Collaborate with an experienced group of writers, product marketing managers, creative technologists, and program managers
- Manage your time effectively and quickly adapt to last-minute asks and changing timelines.
- Work with the Globalisation team to localise content for Square's multiple markets.
- Be a promoter for organised processes by documenting efficiencies and workflows.
- 4+ years experience in a relevant design role.
- A portfolio that showcases interactive and digital projects including creative executions across Web, Mobile Web, Native, and Social.
- The ability to advocate for your work and communicate your ideas clearly to your team.
- Creative flexibility–you can be detailed in your execution but flexible in your approach.
- Quality output and a desire to push a brand forward with fresh, evolving, creative ideas.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.