Product Manager, Square Loans: U.S. Loans Growth
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are working to make financing easier and fair for all businesses. As a key product leader on Square Banking, your work will help millions of small businesses grow their business and manage their cash flow.
Since beginning operations, Square Loans has facilitated more than $9 billion in small business loans and Paycheck Protection Program loans to more than 460,000 Square sellers, with an average loan size of $6,750. These numbers highlight Square’s ability to reach and serve small businesses that have been traditionally underserved by existing lending options. As the PM responsible for the US Loans Growth, you will be responsible for growing our core product. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. In this role you will collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists, operations, designers, capital markets, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that our cash flow products amaze and delight sellers.
- Own the adoption and usage of US Square Loans
- Partner closely with Product Marketing and Design to understand the financing needs of our sellers, and take an experimentation mindset in reflecting that in the seller experience until their loan has been financed
- Closely collaborate with Underwriting data science and the finance team to understand the financial elements (pricing, investor sales, overall revenue) of loans and product decisions
- Deeply understand the jobs-to-be-done of our sellers through qualitative and quantitative research, and champion their needs within Block
- Drive the product roadmap and execute the delivery timelines for the work required to provide remarkable experiences for our sellers and grow the business
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Block in order to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships both within Block and with external vendors to deliver excellent products and services
- Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Manage the entire product life cycle from ideation, to planning, execution and launch
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- Analytical skills: You have a data-driven learning style and use quantitative information to make product decisions
- Experimental mindset: You like to test and learn in a way that incorporates both customer needs as well as data
- Results: Proven track record of shipping simple, elegant user-facing products
- Collaborative approach: Delivers results with cross-functional teams, and partners with and empowers team members appropriately
- Customer-centric: Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Strategic: Experience developing and driving key strategies that shaped an organization
- Efficiency: Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit: You're a self-starter with flexible skills
- Credit domain expertise: with small business financing or other financial products
- Excitement: You’re passionate about Square’s mission and new technology
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.