Senior Content Marketing Manager, Square Banking
- New York, NY, United States
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: San Francisco, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
We are building new tools to help businesses manage their cash flow and want someone who is passionate about creating a more accessible and inclusive financial services future. We are looking for someone to lead the strategy, planning, execution, and optimization of content to drive value throughout the seller lifecycle from awareness to retention. You have empathy for the sensitivities around money and the challenges of cash flow management. You use seller insights to think creatively and design innovative content programs that make financial services approachable and understandable by telling great stories, bringing products to life, and achieving measurable results. As a member of the Square Banking team, you will partner closely with Banking product marketing, the Banking Creative team, and the Central Marketing Content & Web team to develop a holistic content strategy across the suite of Banking products, including Checking, Savings, Loans, money transfers, and more coming soon. You will report to the Head of Product Marketing, Banking.
- Partner closely with PMMs, User Research, Analytics, Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success to derive seller insights that inspire content strategy
- Develop an insights based, multi-format (e.g., blogs, newsletter, case studies, articles, videos, webinars, interactive tools, infographics) content strategy that creates emotional connections with sellers and drives measurable results throughout the seller lifecycle from awareness to retention
- Lead the measurement planning for content executions in partnership with Analytics to understand the drivers of business impact
- Create and manage a long-term editorial calendar and content production pipeline in partnership with the Creative and Content & Web (editorial, public web, organic social, SEO, lead generation) teams to deliver a regular cadence of diverse content based on the seller journey
- Write compelling briefs with clear project requirements for all stakeholders and functions (Creative, Production, and channel owners on the Content & Web team)
- Develop channel strategies that align with broader product marketing campaigns and Content & Web initiatives to drive cohesion across Banking product narratives, amplify messaging, and maximize reach and impact
- Drive measurable increases in SEO performance by partnering closely with the central SEO team to implement recommendations
- Integrate a test and learn approach to the content strategy and prioritize emerging channel experimentation in partnership with Marketing Analytics and Data Science
- Monitor media, seasonal, cultural, and competitor trends to recommend out-of-the-box, differentiated ideas to help the Square brand and banking capability stand out
- A Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years in marketing (in-house or agency), with experience in content strategy development, execution, and distribution with a focus on owned channels
- Demonstrated results through well defined measurement of content-driven growth strategies
- Experience partnering and influencing cross-functionally
- Produced content for desktop, mobile web, and in-product including an understanding of information architecture and web content best practices
- Working knowledge or marketing technology tools that enable dynamic content personalization and retargeting
- Up-to-date-knowledge of SEO best practices and growth strategies
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about Payments, Fintech, and small business.
- Spanish language capability a plus
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.