Senior Software Engineer - Product Reconciliation
- Seattle, WA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
The Reconciliation Team tracks the flow of money through Square’s payment ecosystem, ensuring that our merchants and external financial institutions correctly settle with Block on every single transaction. We build services that ingest and process data for our roughly half a billion dollars of daily transactions, to make sure the money ends up in the right bank accounts. We empower Accounting, Finance, Analytics, Payments, and product teams by delivering accurate data that not only are crucial to Block's financials but also have proven to serve as early warning indicators for many product systems at Block.
As a Software Engineer on the Product Reconciliation Engineering, you’ll work closely with other product and infrastructure engineering teams, data analysts, finance and accounting partners to build our data platform overseeing verification, alerting and reporting on money-moving transactions across the globe.
- Scope, design and build products, systems, and services into reconciliation data systems to ensure Block's financial credibility
- Lead and participate in critical technical discussions cross Engineering team boundaries
- Opportunities to learn and leverage modern cloud technologies
- Partner closely with technical program managers, engineers and analysts to define and develop innovative and valuable solutions in diverse cross-functional groups
- Contribute to the growth of our development capabilities through leading, mentoring and supporting fellow engineers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant data processing applications/infrastructure industry experience developing scalable production services
- Experience with writing systems in object-oriented programming languages (such as Java)
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, big data platforms, and data pipelining (such as AWS and GCP).
- Experience developing backend infrastructure and/or open source projects
- Experience with GCP Google cloud platform
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.