Account Manager EU (Spanish and Italian Speaker)
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay (known as Clearpay in the UK & EU) has millions of active customers and is offered by the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
Afterpay has recently been acquired by Block Inc. Block is made up of Square, Afterpay, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL and TBD. One company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment.
Join the Afterpay Global Account Management team and help our merchants grow their business! The Account Management team helps merchants get the most out of Afterpay through product education, business advice, support with marketing activities, and introducing new features.
We are looking for a Spanish and Italian speaking Account Manager who is passionate about helping business owners succeed. Reporting to the Retention Manager, you will nurture relationships and find creative ways to make Afterpay product and marketing opportunities work for a complex array of customers. You will identify ways to expand collaboration with customers and act as an internal advocate for decision-makers in your book of business.
- Be responsible for growing and retaining a multi-million dollar GPV customer base
- Understand customer needs to help achieve their business goals through Afterpay
- Cross-sell and upsell products and features by discovering customer leads
- Effectively and strategically address customer concerns and issues
- Help grow our small/unmanaged and managed accounts program
- Drive deepened merchant engagement and growth potential through actively encouraging and supporting participation in key marketing events
- Work with our Marketing, Sales, Support, and Product teams to make sure customers have the best possible experience across all aspects of Afterpay
- 2 - 3 years experience in Sales, Account Management or related field
- Multi-lingual fluency in English, Spanish and Italian, both written and verbal
- Experience discovering and closing sales opportunities and building client relationships.
- Experience successfully managing a pipeline to achieve revenue targets
- Strong interest in business operations and strategy
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Passion and knowledge about how new technologies can help better serve small and medium size businesses
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- A BA/BS or relevant experience
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.