Growth Product Marketing Manager, Square Payroll
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
Square provides tools and services that enable any individual to start, run and grow a business. Square Payroll is automating one of the most complex administrative aspects of running a business: paying a team. We help business owners hire, retain and pay great talent so they can grow their business, and we provide financial control and stability to the hourly workers that need it most. Our customers love our product because it is well designed, easy to use, and gives them peace of mind that they're doing things correctly. Our team loves working on Payroll because we're a full-stack team with a lot of passion to build a remarkable Payroll product and business.
We are looking for an experienced Growth Product Marketing Manager to drive and execute meaningful growth plans for Square Payroll. You will work with PMMs, PMs, Analysts, Marketing Teams, Creatives and Engineers to conceive, run and scale programs and initiatives that drive growth on core product and business metrics.
We are looking for someone who has experience across the full acquisition funnel and product lifecycle, and is an excellent collaborator. Reporting to the Payroll PMM Lead, you will partner with multiple teams to ensure the right customers are getting the right messages, through the right channels at the right time
- Develop and execute data-driven acquisition strategies and campaigns to drive growth of Square Payroll in collaboration with SEO, content, and marketing operations teams
- Create a lifecycle strategy that introduces and sell Payroll to the right target at the right time
- Guide the creation of email, in-product, and web campaigns, including constructing audiences, tracking, and reporting using an array of marketing platforms and reporting tools
- Partner with engineering, data, and design teams to implement iterative tests across the web, mobile, and in-product platforms.
- Understand our target customers, their needs/expectations, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and feedback from Account Management, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Track marketing program performance and improve through continuous testing
- Analyze the impact of growth plans, define and report on product and business KPIs, and present recommendations to executive partners.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design and Engineering to understand product growth levers, support the launch of new Payroll onboarding features, and scale successful initiatives.
- Manage experimentation of several value props and messaging against different segments of sellers
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or marketing strategy
- Experience in growth and lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned channels
- Execute go-to-market plans to guide product awareness and usage amongst priority audiences
- Experience working with product management, engineering, analytics and design to scale products
- Ample experience working with partners (marketing design, copywriting and web)
- Demonstrated track record developing and executing A/B tests, analyzing and translating data into business and consumer insights
- Familiarity with marketing automation, A/B testing and analytics tools
- Proficiency with excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) or Google Sheets and writing SQL queries -- you can pull your own data to answer your questions
- Comfort in a face-paced, startup environment
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.