Emerging Strategic Sales Lead
- New York, NY, United States
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The Emerging Business team at Block is directly responsible for launching and incubating new merchant verticals with the goal of driving business value now and building the foundation for future impactful revenue generation. The team’s focus is to drive Block’s commerce payments business as it relates to emerging partnerships for Afterpay and Cash App, into untapped and viable industries.
We are looking for a high performance and dynamic strategic sales leader to unlock new revenue opportunities across our expanding portfolio of payments products. You will be responsible for driving strategy & execution of complex deals, as well as supporting strategic projects and programs across Afterpay and Cash App in North America.
This role requires a strategic problem solver who is an effective influencer with a high degree of business acumen. This individual thrives in challenging, fast-paced and high-growth environments. The ideal candidate has demonstrated excellence in delivering or exceeding demanding targets and has a strong desire to be part of a high-performance team.
- Source, negotiate and sign agreements with top tier businesses in the Travel and Hospitality industries, including both mid-market and Enterprise merchants
- Serve as an individual contributor within a high-paced sales organization
- Focus on growth and acquisition of airlines, hotel groups, rental businesses, and other strategic partners in the industry
- In partnership with finance & retail operations, develop a sales target plan and strategic framework through which all deals will be evaluated, operated and measured
- Make recommendations on deal terms and support per partner to accelerate close rate while maintaining margin
- Build and nurture strong relationships at top Travel and Hospitality brands; leverage existing relationships to get meetings with the key decision-makers, drive engagement, solidify deals and revenue
- Use competitive insights to inform selling strategy and strategic direction
- Find creative ways to develop and grow a high-volume, ever-expanding sales pipeline within the vertical
- Ability to source and target non traditional brands, keep on top of the market and trends in the industry to identify new up and coming players
10+ years experience in high-growth environments in a business development, sales, GTM or strategy role, preferably in a fast-moving technology or financial services company
Strong executive presence, with a proven and demonstrated ability to influence and earn trust with senior leaders, ask the right questions, and use sound business judgment internally and externally at large companies, including at the C-suite level
A self-starter mentality, where leaning in and wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment is business-as-usual
Collaborative team player who is proactive, resourceful, efficient and resilient - and is a high-performer
Experienced in sourcing, negotiating and launching enterprise merchants via complex deal constructs
Comfortable working with analytics & tools that support business performance measurement & management and proficient at building strategy based on data
Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Sophisticated and compelling storytelling abilities - able to seek out relevant, meaningful data and build business cases to inform partners on Block’s value proposition
A willingness to travel
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.