Senior Product Designer, eCommerce, Buyer Experience
- Seattle, WA, us
- Employees can work remotely
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will lead online purchasing and checkout experiences. This role offers a unique challenge that requires a holistic and platform-focused approach across Square Online products. These are products that are necessary to Square's ecosystem, and you'd be able to guide the product's design and approach on features that empower businesses of all sizes and the people behind them.
- Oversee ecommerce purchasing experiences from end-to-end
- Create mobile first designs that support the future of ecommerce
- Set and guide future vision, working with design leadership
- Work with design, product, and engineering partners
- Influence design practices and operations within a fully remote team
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other designers
- Apply domain expertise and research to keep work moving forward
- Participate in interviews with cross collaborating partners
- At least (7) years of relevant professional experience
- You have a portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Craft skills in both UX and visual design
- You form ideas and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback and find ways to improve their work
- You can use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, using domain expertise, establishing principles, and conducting research
- You can promote the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You can use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards
- Experience creating prototypes and user testing
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.