Program Manager, Square Financial Services
- Salt Lake City, UT, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Square Financial Services, Inc ("SFS") is Block's bank. We opened in March 2021 and provide lending and FDIC insured deposits services to small businesses on a nationwide basis. The SFS Strategy and Product team enables the bank with modern infrastructure and high-quality services, and is responsible for executing on the Bank’s strategic roadmap. We aim to become Block's bank in both name and practice, and focus on empowering the small businesses and consumers served by the Block ecosystem.
SFS is looking for a Program Manager to join our Product and Strategy team and help build SFS to be Block's Bank of Choice. Today, SFS supports small businesses; and moving forward, SFS will look to integrate across the Block ecosystem and support product teams outside SFS with their banking needs. As the Program Manager you oversee the relationship with product teams across Block. You will demonstrate a high degree of empathy for these product teams and the customers we jointly serve. You will bring creativity to take advantage of our shared opportunities. You will report to the Strategy and Business Development Lead and work with other SFS teams to run our programs and Bank products.
- Oversee the SFS relationship with other Block product teams for the programs you'll oversee. The first relationship you will oversee is with the Square Banking team.
- Onboard new products into the SFS ecosystem.
- Understand the products, business roadmap for the Block Teams you support.
- Empathize and advocate for our BUs, programs and end users.
- Work with our Block Teams to assess new products and enhancements.
- Collaborate with all partners to ensure new product and product developments align with the SFS policy and meeting all regulatory, legal, and operational standards.
- Collaborate with Department and SFS partners to guide the Bank's strategic roadmap.
- Work with teams to implement & achieve our strategic roadmap.
- Identify risks and communicate to relevant partners.
- Support Bank Management through Safety and Soundness examinations.
- Execute projects to support bank operational effectiveness.
- 5+ years of operations / business development / program management or equivalent experience related to financing solutions / banking as a service.
- Experience with consumer or commercial lending products.
- Experience resolving complex and multi party negotiations.
- You lead by influence -- not authority -- to foster trust across the organization.
- Project management, relationship management, and ability to work collaboratively with teams to ensure the smooth implementation and launch of new products and services
- Proactively find and address risk across a variety of disciplines including regulatory compliance, legal, credit and operations.
- Manage multiple work streams that may have ambiguous requirements.
Experience working under a regulated financial institution is a plus.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.