- Alternate Location: New York, United States
Block is looking for an administrative professional to join the Executive Operations team, providing strategic support to the GM of Commerce Platform.
This dynamic Block executive leads a growing, complex team on both the product and platform. As their Executive Assistant, your mission will be to amplify the impact and success of this Block executive and their team, which comprises an essential part of Block's organization.
Block's Executive Assistants are trusted guides for the leaders of our company. We improve efficiency, promote collaboration, and help implement our strategy. We foster culture and community by helping teams connect and hold each other accountable. As a centralized Executive Operations team, EAs report to EA Managers who, in addition to supporting Block Executives of their own, provide their EA reports with specialized guidance that only a fellow, accomplished Square EA could offer. We embrace and promote a team-first mentality in all aspects of our work.
- Provide administrative and strategic support to Block executive within Square, managing a very complex and dynamic calendar requiring thoughtful collaboration and coordination with other executives, teams, partners, and EAs.
- Understand the impact tasks have on broader teams and programs, and provide relevant upward feedback to executive.
- Attend important meetings, curate and manage agendas, take meeting notes, and track deliverables to completion.
- Program manage, driving clear and cohesive communications and accountability across the executive's distributed team.
- Develop and maintain processes that drive efficiency through strategic resources and partnerships.
- Plan and execute large-scale team events, town hall meetings, and leadership off-sites.
- Invest in Square's Executive Operations Team's projects, team members, culture, and goals, and leverage the team's knowledge and network.
- 5+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Business Partner, or similar role; ideally with both small and large-scale technology companies.
- The ability to organize, analyze, and prioritize executive workflows, often leveraging cross functional partners and interpreting data to facilitate optimal decision-making.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; clear, concise, and kind in every interaction.
- Eager to improve and learn, with a keen attention to detail.
- Full proficiency with Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, and Slides
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $66 - USD $81
Zone B: USD $62 - USD $76
Zone C: USD $59 - USD $71
Zone D: USD $53 - USD $65
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.