Senior Global Payroll Analyst
Block's Global Payroll Team is growing. We are looking for a Senior Global Payroll Partner, reporting to our Senior Global Payroll Manager, to join our payroll team. You will oversee global payroll administration, including processing payroll for several countries, provide best practice solution recommendations, support various project management coordination, and lead Global Mobility Stock processing. You will be the liaison between the other Payroll Analysts and the Global Payroll Vendors to process our semi-monthly and monthly payrolls. You will be an essential employee resource for global payroll matters and will perform other payroll related responsibilities inclusive of US payroll needs. This position can sit in Block's San Francisco or Oakland offices or be full-time remote from anywhere in any US state with the exception of Alaska and with a preference for the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones.
- Oversee Global payroll analytics servicing all Global Payroll reporting requests from multiple departments or external including develop ad-hoc reports in Payzaar
- Run the payroll for multiple countries from start to finish
- Oversee System Integrations between HR and Global Payroll Systems including resolving missing information
- Process Global Mobility stock files for Global Payroll stock runs, manage the global ESPP election files updates including withdrawals and for the twice a year create and validate theGlobal ESPP contributions files
- Oversee handling Global Tax notices with our Global Payroll vendor support
- Coordinate the set up of new countries payroll including validations of set up
- Be responsible with coordinating Amended Tax returns with the local provider
- Track and balance Payroll invoices linked to Payroll cash disbursement
- Manage the balancing of multiple Global annual filing (T-4, PD11, PD60 and more) for Global Lead approval
- Support the Payroll Analyst team with their assigned Global payroll processing when needed including being the contact for initial questions
- Partner with other Senior Analyst and Sr Global Payroll Manager on the implementation of new technology to improve Payroll Processing US and Global
- Test new set up, system enhancements, system updates and integrations affecting Global Payroll
- Provide work around solutions if the automated solution is not working correctly until a fix is deployed.
- Review Global Block policies and work rules updates to confirm our payroll tool is working in compliance.
- Work with multiple teams (i.e. HR, HRops, Accounting, Equity and Business Systems)
- Identify and participate in process improvement projects, including different implementation and upgrades
- Develop, review, maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedure and job-aids.
- Work with the Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service to our employees and partners
- Work with internal team and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Assist Sr Global Payroll Manager with Global annual audits
- Support the payroll accounting team with Global Month end reconciliation research
- Support the Global Payroll Lead with Project management activity
- Participate in different payroll projects and other opportunities as assigned, about 25% of the time
- Willingness to support early or late conference call meeting global time zone
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Global Payroll including understanding Global Payroll tax administration
- Understanding of basic Payroll accounting procedures
- Experienced in projects management
- Experience in system implementation, experience with ongoing technical support with Payroll system and multiple integrations.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- 5+ years of payroll experience and knowledgeable of Global wage and hourly laws
- Experience writing reports
- Working knowledge with Ultimate (Ultipro) and Workday HRIS a plus
- Understand SOX controls
- Experience keeping payroll and other employee personal information confidential
- Independent work style
- Experience working within deadlines
- CPP certification preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $54.90 - USD $67.12
Zone B: USD $51.06 - USD $62.40
Zone C: USD $46.68 - USD $57.07
Zone D: USD $41.20 - USD $50.34
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.