Account Manager, SMB
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As Afterpay’s Account Manager, you will be responsible for the growth, development and expansion of Afterpay’s small business portfolio in North America. We are looking for a proactive and strategic individual with excellent communication and organizational skills who is passionate about helping small businesses across the US and Canada. This role and team is part of the Square SMB Account Management organization.
- Facilitate relationships across a mixed portfolio of top level SMB merchants to drive ongoing sustainable growth, engagement and merchant advocacy
- Effectively and proactively engage partners in discussions on business performance, existing product and marketing ideas, implementation of best practices, and partner’s strategic initiatives
- Execute proactive save and re-engagement programs across the broader North American SMB base, supported by trigger-base modeling to reduce churn and retain an active merchant base
- Identify merchant expansion opportunities across your portfolio including omni channel expansion, cross border trade, global market expansion and assess the relevancy of any other new Afterpay product initiatives as they launch
- Manage the lifecycle contact strategy for your portfolio, providing frequent rich industry content, data insight and portfolio analysis to help support strategic merchant planning
- Manage on a reactive basis any issues impacting our existing customer base
- Ensure technical support queries are promptly resolved either directly or facilitating via Merchant Services support
- Identify and help scale best practices across a variety of areas for small businesses including marketing activities, visual merchandising
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- 2-3 years of experience in a client-facing/ Client Success/ Customer Retention; Retail or payment/finance industry experience preferred but not mandatory A track-record of growing accounts and earning trust
- Experience with managing large portfolio of merchants on a (one to many) model
- Ability to identify trends in merchant activities proactively and to develop levers to prevent churn
- Experience in generating a strategy for mass outreach campaigns with best practices, trends, value props
- Negotiation skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in Salesforce, Tableau, Outreach.io
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.