Data Scientist, Afterpay (Shanghai Based)
- Shanghai, 31, China
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing ongoing analyses and reports in support of merchant & consumer acquisition, retention and loyalty, and other pertinent aspects of Sales operations. You will also analyze business performance internally and in the competition, deliver data driven business insights for decision making, and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with the leadership team and Sales Teams to understand their business intelligence and insights needs
- Design and conduct analyses and reports to provide insights at scale that support growth strategies.
- Develop a formalized process to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets, empower informed decision making for stakeholders.
- Isolate, identify and communicate data issues and own data quality for the analysis and reports produced.
- Monitor and analyze data reports/ dashboards/pipelines and do RCA & troubleshooting of issues that may arise.
- Working rights in China
- Quantitative background in statistics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with analytics techniques such as Customer Profiling, Predictive Modeling, Regression and classification analyses, A/B testing.
- Strong experience using SQL and experience in data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI.
- Strong organization/ time management skills and be able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.