Compliance Specialist, KYC
- St. Louis, MO, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
The mission of the Know Your Customer ("KYC") team is to establish and enforce global policies and expectations, customer risk scoring, onboarding, and due diligence through risk-based processes on the platform. As an analyst on the team, you will review accounts observing documented procedures, user guides, and guidance logs; document conclusions in a manner that is clear and complete; follow turn times to ensure throughput, and operate as a point of contact for junior analysts. We have 4 teams who are hiring 4 specialists.
- Verify merchant information and conduct due diligence reviews as part of Square's Know Your Customer (KYC) policy
- Conduct appropriate levels of due diligence on accounts based on the customer's risk score
- Stay up-to-date with regulatory updates and new requirements and understand overall impact to daily work
- Contribute to projects optimizing the regulatory program and operation team's processes
- Work in collaboration with Support, Risk, and other operations teams within Square
- 4+ years experience in BSA/AML or Fraud related work, in the payments space BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Investigative skills, including familiarity with public record research and database tools
- Transaction analysis skills that apply across numerous financial products in complex scenarios
- Familiarity with relevant BSA/AML laws and regulations and industry best practices
- Adept ability to communicate both verbally and written with employees at all levels
- Easily adjust to varying work environment
Team Specific Skills:
- KYC: Previous experience with G-Suite, iOS, Slack. Basic knowledge of terms of service enforcement, understanding of BSA/AML regulation
- CBD: Previous experience with G-Suite, iOS, Slack. Basic knowledge of CBD/Cannabis industry and products.
- TOSV: Previous experience with G-Suite, iOS, Slack. Basic knowledge of terms of service enforcement, understanding of BSA/AML regulation
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.