Card Escalations Associate
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
As Afterpay grows as a global card issuer, it is critical that we evolve our operational capabilities with the ability to investigate and resolve the most complex payments issues. We are looking for an Associate, Card Product Escalations who enjoys digging deep into the tiniest details to solve problems for consumers and merchants. You will become an expert on Afterpay’s full suite of card products. You’ll relentlessly strive to find the root cause of issues and resolve them, while providing excellent service to our customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in resolving issues related to card issuing and processing across card products at Afterpay
- Resolve escalations from Customer Support / Merchant Services and maintain ongoing operational processes, related to Afterpay’s suite of card products
- Keep an eye out for trends and engage with external partners to drive resolution of payments issues, provide recommendations and work with key stakeholders on operational improvements to effectively manage or resolve persistent issues
- Partner closely with internal stakeholders to continuously provide feedback and improve processes
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing implementation, operations, or product support focused role
- Strong critical thinker who loves connecting the dots and understanding how things work
- Confidence working with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams; you are able to understand and articulate customer needs, while understanding how things work so you can troubleshoot issues with technical teams
- Familiarity with APIs, specifically reading payloads
- Experience with SQL and log tools (e.g. Sumo Logic)
- Bonus points for knowledge of the payments ecosystem, ideally with a focus in the card issuing and tokenization space
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $85,900 - USD $104,900
Zone B: USD $79,800 - USD $97,600
Zone C: USD $73,000 - USD $89,200
Zone D: USD $64,400 - USD $78,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.