Product Lead, Payments Products
- San Francisco, CA, United States
- Alternate Location: New York, United States
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We're looking for an experienced Product leader to lead the Product Management function for the Payment Products business. You will be the steward of Square's flagship payment product and, in parallel, develop a compelling vision for the future of Square's payment products. You will lead the teams responsible for building and growing payment products globally, and manage the sizable P&L, high-performing product team, shared strategy, roadmap, and key relationships with partners across Block. You will report directly to the GM of Payment Products and join a close-knit, full-stack team spanning Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Data Science, and Creative.
- Lead Square's payment products and sizable P&L. Increase growth from our existing product and develop new payment products and functionality, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Inspire and lead a team of strong product managers. Help ensure their professional development and maintain a strong team culture, both within Product Management and across the Payment Products organization.
- Deeply understand our customers and their needs, and guide our world-class team to ship remarkable solutions.
- Create a vision for the future of payment products, and execute a strategy to deliver that. Foster an environment that enables the team to execute quickly while maintaining a high standard for quality
- Expertly and openly collaborate with and influence cross-functional partners throughout Block
- Developed and implemented a product strategy, with measurable impact. You have a track record of crafting or co-creating with your team a product strategy that balances long-term objectives with short-term experimentation. You help a broader team understand how work ladders up to the strategy and key goals.
- Excellent people management experience and instincts. You have hired and coached strong performing product teams, and addressed performance management thoughtfully and deliberately.
- Ability to balance customer empathy and business outcomes. You have a thoughtful product development approach that balances customer needs with business outcomes. You help your team edit the product down to its essence in an elegant fashion that accounts for internal constraints.
- Excellent relationship management skills. You are a strong collaborator and thoughtful in building relationships with stakeholders. You will partner with your functional lead peers on Payment Products and build enduring, productive relationships with counterparts across Block.
- Passion for and, ideally, experience in the payments or fintech domain. You care about empowering business owners with powerful tools that promote economic empowerment.
- A strong sense of curiosity, a hunger for learning, and a passion for Square's mission and new technology.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.