Bitcoin Policy Lead, Cash App
- Washington, DC, United States
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
We are looking for a bitcoin policy enthusiast to join the Policy team to support Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. You have demonstrated experience on bitcoin policy and regulatory issues, with an ability to speak to both technical and policy audiences. You will have experience managing complex policy matters, working to achieve outcomes, and advocating on behalf of issues at the intersection of financial services and technology. You will report to the Cash App Head of Policy, and will collaborate with senior Cash App product leads and colleagues on the Policy, Legal, and Compliance teams.
- Be Cash App's bitcoin policy lead. You will engage with product leadership, policy colleagues, regulatory and product counsel, and compliance teams to develop strategic policy plans.
- Advocate for Cash App and our customers on important policy and political matters, and craft positions for us that will further establish us as a thought leader and innovator.
- Develop thoughtful recommendations for both proactive and reactive engagement on key Administration actions, including on ongoing rule makings.
- Guide processes to develop impactful responses to incoming policy challenges and opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in U.S. policy work, with a preference for government experience in the financial services and technology sectors.
- Passion for our mission of economic empowerment, and our belief in bitcoin's role in fulfilling this mission.
- Experience with the technical and policy issues around bitcoin, experience in cryptocurrency policy, and policy/advocacy/industry relationships in this space.
- Experience navigating complex policy issues.
- Experience developing policy proposals, regulatory comment, and strategies to improve outcomes.
- Experience working collaboratively across our teams.
- Communication and advocacy skills; an ability to explain complicated issues and policy positions to any audience.
- Strong writing skills and an appreciation for the Oxford comma.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.