Global Social Listening Specialist
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world's relationship with money by making it more relatable, available and accessible, at Cash App you'll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
Check out our locations, benefits and more at cash.app/careers.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE CAN BE WORKED FROM THE UK, GERMANY, IRELAND OR SPAIN.
Cash App is looking for a passionate and strategic social listening analyst to help continue the success and growth of the social listening landscape at Cash app. You will be part of the core team of the CCO (Cash Customer Operation) Social Team, and you will be working closely with the various other teams inside and outside of the CCO team, including but not limited to: Voice of Customer, marketing, products, SEO, Consumer Insights, and more.
- Are passionate about social media
- Have a strong interest in data and analytics
- Have a strong interest in the fintech industry (tech or finance industry will be a plus too)
- Love to observe social media behaviours and trends online
- Are endlessly curious
- Ask a lot of questions
- Love to discover problems and moreover even love to come up with solutions to tackle the problems.
- Are Interested in global consumer behaviour and market trends
- Collect, compile and analyse social media data and interpret them into strategic and actionable insights.
- Help monitor the general conversation on the brand daily to uncover trends and opportunities.
- Help observe the general conversation of the competitors every week to identify business strengths and weaknesses.
- Help listen to industry conversations and trends concluding the online presence and brand.
- Produce analytical reports, strategies, and brand reputation messaging across various teams.
- Help to respond to inquiries regarding social listening requests and consult along with the Social Listening Team Lead.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Cash to understand and support their business by utilising social listening.
- Help research the potential marketing opportunities within the UK and European regions by analysing competitors and industry trends.
- 3-4 years of experience working in social media listening or analytics
- Experience and comfort in communicating in the public sphere on behalf of a well-known public brand. This requires maintaining confidentiality, keeping customer and company information secure, and exercising strong judgment and professionalism.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with multiple teams and stakeholders across the company or organisation to assist or lead the projects to achieve business goals.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to explain complicated product and policy concepts in simple, jargon-free language using Cash App’s voice.
- A proactive nature, a sense of urgency, and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our customers
- A creative approach to problem-solving, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and a sense of humour (because, hi, it’s the internet)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions on the fly using data points and trends
- Have previous listening experience for emerging or new market expansion needs and trends.
- Previous experience working with social listening tools (Sprinklr preferred)
- You have previous work experience with agencies or from the agencies' background.
- You have previous experience working with web analytics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc)
- You have previous experience working with audience data tools (such as GWI)
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.